VO Atlanta 2021
Speaker and Workshop Leader at VO Atlanta 2021
Around the World in 45 Minutes
How to Conquer the World
I’m Susie Valerio, Speaker and Workshop Leader at VO Atlanta 2021. I hope you enjoy my sessions: Around the World in 45 Minutes & How to Conquer the World.
In these, I’ll be covering the basics of working as a Voice Actor across European and Global markets. I will include elements relevant to International Voice Artists of all languages (English included).
My sessions will focus on major European countries and will touch on offers from typically lower paid markets, such as India, China and South America. The first section will be followed by questions and answers at the end.
My background is quite eclectic but, above all, I trained as an Actor in London. I have worked in Voice Overs since 2002 and record daily in International English and Native Brazilian Portuguese.
I am also a very experienced Producer, Casting Director and multilingual Media Professional, working in the UK since relocating to England in the 90’s.
Over the decades, I have worked for clients in multiple countries.
At the moment, I also work as freelance Agent at Voice Fox UK looking after Foreign Voice and some of the agency’s Video Game projects.
As a Speaker, I’m a regular guest on webinars and live panels for WOVO, Gravy for the Brain Brasil and DVP Brasil. I specialize in International Markets, with a particular interest in maximizing casting opportunities to Actors and fair rates for all.
This year, I am also working with SOVAS, producing the first edition of the SOVAS Voice Arts® Awards in Portuguese.
My sessions at VO Atlanta 2021 will cover a fair bit of ground. To start with, we will look at effective tools for working in an increasingly global landscape. In the end section, we will have Q&As.
The Key Points being covered are:
- Main markets in Europe – England, Belgium, Holland, France, Germany, Scandinavia, Italy and Spain
- Dos and Don’ts when approaching European clients and agents
- Differences on how the Casting Process works, covering Demos and Auditions
- Basic differences in work etiquette across different continents and countries, including emailing, direct communication and rates
- Representation: how to find an agent, what to look out for, what to avoid
- Differences between main types of hirers (Production Companies, Agents, Direct Clients and Localization Companies). How that informs and affects payment and general negotiations?
- Forms of payment: what and who to use, costs, pros and cons of different options and how to get paid when working with foreign clients
GVAA (USA) – https://globalvoiceacademy.com/gvaa-rate-guide-2/
GFTB (UK) – https://rates.gravyforthebrain.com/
VDS (Germany) – https://www.sprecherverband.de/service/vds-gagenliste-2020/
Mentoring at HSBC
Narciso Rodriguez Bottletop Collection
Yesterday TV Promo
Narration - Infomercial
Shakespeare Lives 2016