VO Atlanta 2021
Speaker at VO Atlanta 2021
Around the World in 45 Minutes
How to Conquer the World
I’m Susie Valerio, Speaker at VO Atlanta 2021 and Workshop Leader. I hope you enjoy my sessions: Around the World in 45 Minutes & How to Conquer the World.
In these, I’ll be covering the basics of working as a Voice Actor across European and Global markets. I will include elements relevant to International Voice Artists of all languages (English included).
My sessions will focus on major European countries and will touch on offers from typically lower paid markets, such as India, China and South America. The first section will be followed by questions and answers at the end.
My background is quite eclectic. I trained as an Actor in London and have worked in Voice Overs since 2002, recording daily in International English and Native Brazilian Portuguese.
I am also a very experienced Producer, Casting Director and multilingual Media Professional, working in the UK since relocating to England in the 90’s.
Over the decades, I have worked for clients in multiple countries.
Currently, I work as a freelance Agent at Voice Fox UK looking after Foreign Voice and some of the agency’s Video Game projects.
Speaker at VO Atlanta 2021
As a Speaker, I’m a regular guest on webinars and live panels. I specialize in International Markets, with a particular interest in maximizing casting opportunities to Actors and fair rates for all.
My sessions as a Speaker at VO Atlanta 2021 will cover a fair bit of ground. To start with, we will look at effective tools for working in an increasingly global landscape. In the end section, we will have Q&As.
The Key Points being covered are:
- Main markets in Europe
- Dos and Don’ts when approaching European clients and agents
- Differences on how the Casting Process works, covering Demos and Auditions
- Basic differences in work etiquette across different continents, including emailing, direct communication and rates
- Representation: how to find an agent, what to look out for, what to avoid
- Differences between main types of hirers (Production Companies, Agents, Direct Clients and Localization Companies). How that informs and affects payment and general negotiations?
- Forms of payment: suggestions for what use, pros and cons of different options and how to get paid when working with foreign clients
GVAA (USA) – https://globalvoiceacademy.com/gvaa-rate-guide-2/
GFTB (UK) – https://rates.gravyforthebrain.com/
VDS (Germany) – https://www.sprecherverband.de/service/vds-gagenliste-2021/
Mentoring at HSBC
Narciso Rodriguez Bottletop Collection
Yesterday TV Promo
Narration - Infomercial
Shakespeare Lives 2016